1021 CD Player
- Internal Volume Control. In addition to traditional fixed output, the 1021 features a DSP controlled and activated variable output mode, enabling direct connection to amplification.
- 6.5" full-color LCD Display. Track listings, menus, setup features and fullscreen feedback are provided via a long-life, LED illuminated VGA display. A parallel video output connection is provided to also feed secondary displays.
- Automatically displays Ddsc track listings. Artist, album, and track listing information is pulled from a choice of Internet, internal database, metadata or CD Text and displayed automatically. Innovative portions of the display have worldwide patents applied for and pending.
- Numerous disc memory features. The 1021 will memorize thousands of listener preferences and programmed play lists for discs if instructed to do so.
- Boulder Ultra-Low Jitter Precise Interval Clock. All data clocking and synchronization is handled by Boulder's own Precise Interval Clock, located as close as possible to the D/A conversion section and fed back to other portions of the player for virtually no jitter.
- Dual Buffering Systems. Buffers in both the hardware and software domains are utilized to eliminate any effect that processing or data retrieval hardware may have on sound quality.
- Boulder Up and Over Sampling System. Redbook CD data is upsampled and bit-rate converted in software to a minimum rate of 24-bits at 705.6 kHz. Original data rates higher than 16/44.1 kHz will be processed at even greater rates.
- Boulder 983 Gain Sections. The 983's performance has been thoroughly proven in a number of previous Boulder 1000 Series products. The 983 features massive current output to render interconnect length insignificant and exceedingly low voltage gain distortion.
- Unmatched Disc Reading Accuracy. The 1021 features a disc reading mechanism that is specified with an error rate of less than one bit-error per 800MB for a disc in good condition. Read-Until-Right disc reading capability is also featured to ensure accurate data retrieval with less than perfect discs.
- Boulder's Eigen Digital Filtering Algorithm. Digital filtering is achieved with unparalleled accuracy with flat frequency response and phase accuracy.
- Resonance Controlled, Interlocking Chassis. The chassis is machined, damped and assembled at the Boulder factory to eliminate any resonances that contribute to audible distortions.
- Numerous External Connections. Connections for a parallel VGA display, Ethernet, IR input, Boulder Link, AES digital output, and 12V triggering are included for seamless system integration and external control capability.