Welcome to the AudioJunkies.
AudioJunkies
AudioJunkies

AudioJunkies (http://audiojunkies.com/forum/index.php)
-   Home Theatre (http://audiojunkies.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Surround Sound for Apartment? (http://audiojunkies.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246)

AlexzJohnson 09-20-2010 12:41 PM

Surround Sound for Apartment?

What do you think would be the best surround sound system for an apartment. I know it's going to be hard to not drive the neighbors completely nuts, but not having surround sound is driving me crazy. Any brand that is more controlled, or easier to contain and not echo to the neighbors? Possibly something with less bass?

jvc 09-20-2010 01:30 PM

Re: Surround Sound for Apartment?

Any surround system should work. Most systems have a "midnight" mode, that lowers the dynamics for night use. That would fit your problem. Also, invite the neighbors over to watch a movie with you. That will help......... :)
Onkyo makes some of the better systems. Easy setup and use.

doremi 09-20-2010 07:39 PM

At the risk of sounding a Sony fanboy, I'd recommend something from them. The surest way to not get noise complaints is unplugging the bass, when watching movies, those low frequencies are more inclined to resonate with concrete, that is why even a little will drive people crazy.

Hobbyist 09-21-2010 03:01 AM

Kudos to Alex for thinking about the neighbors! there is nothing worse than noisy people living close by. I shall print these tips out in case I need to leave mine a friendly reminder in the future :).

AlexzJohnson 10-05-2010 09:10 AM

Thanks for all the responses guys! Sorry for the late reply. I've been so busy lately. Thank God our neighbors moved out, because anything we do they complain about. Surround sound, here I come!!

MusicGirl 10-05-2010 09:13 AM

Haha good luck with that. Neighbors are soooo picky

doremi 12-06-2010 12:22 PM

I imagine I would be pretty angry too if I had to wake up at 6 am in the morning to go to work and the neighbor was watching a movie with explosions at maximum volume at one am in the morning :), on a side not you could phonetically insulate the home theater room.

ninja 01-22-2011 05:51 AM

LOL go Futureshop they will guide you thru

neutron 02-14-2011 04:04 PM

I'd just like to add that there is always the option of turning the bass down, or editing the equalizer, as far as night time viewings go, you could always put a headphone on.

liyucmh 12-05-2011 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neutron (Post 12512)
I'd just like to add that there is always the option of turning the bass down, or editing the equalizer, as far as night time viewings go, you could always put a headphone on.

I agree with you.:D