Home Theater vs The Cinema. - AudioJunkies
Welcome to the AudioJunkies.
AudioJunkies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2010, 09:51 AM   #1

Default Home Theater vs The Cinema.

I love to sit back and enjoy a movie in the comfort of my sofa, but nothing beats the feeling you get when you are at the movies and the room is packed the screen is huge and you are waiting in anticipation for the freaking trailers to be over already .
So what do you like the comfort of home or the thrill of the movies?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #2

Default Re: Home Theater vs The Cinema.

I agree there is something special about watching a movie at the theater. It's a mixture of the smell of popcorn, the stumbling around trying to find your seat, eating all your snacks before the trailers end and of course the big screen!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiTweet this Post!
Old 10-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #3

Call me comfortable, but I'd rather sit home than have to support somebody munch there popcorn next to me like they never eaten before, try to cancel out the screaming kid because the parents were to cheap for a sitter, the jack... who answers his phone in the middle of the movie and so on.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:18 PM   #4
jvc

I'd rather watch at home. I haven't been to a theater yet (except maybe the Imax) that sounds as good as my system at home. I can pause the movie to get something to eat or go to bathroom, not walking on a sticky floor, no kids kicking the back of my seat, don't have to listen to someone on their cell phone, etc........

The only time we go to the theater, is for a movie we really want to see on the BIG screen. We saw the three Lord of the rings movies on the big screen. We saw Avatar and Alice in Wonderland at the Imax, mainly because they were in 3D.
Old 10-04-2010, 02:48 PM   #5

It's a pity that the movies have become such a circus! I remember the days when it was a big treat to go see a film, mind in those days people smoked through the show so.... I am another person who tends to watch more movies at home but it is definitely harder for me to concentrate precisely because I can press pause and answer my phone and so on!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:20 PM   #6

Even though I wrote about the things that cause problems at the theater I still think there is something special about see-ing movies that way. The big screen is better for some films, as was mentioned earlier. Plus it feels more special all round. I often go to the really early shows as they are cheaper, plus you avoid some of the things talked about here.
Old 10-04-2010, 05:03 PM   #7

The only problem with going to the movies is not everyone is there to enjoy the movie in question, some find any excuse to cause disruption, also it's far cheaper to watch at home.
Old 10-05-2010, 02:29 AM   #8

Here in Japan the biggest annoyance at the movies is cell phones. People seem to be unable to live without them for an hour or two, and even if they switch off the ringer they are constantly getting up and going out to take a call. That drives me up the wall. Otherwise I do enjoy the cinema, especially the surround sound element of it.
Old 10-05-2010, 05:45 AM   #9

I forgot about cell phones! Oh and the tall people who always seem to be in front of you and block the view. I agree that surround sound and the big screen are attractions but the best effect is had when you are not sitting too close to the front and the volume is controlled properly.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #10

There is also a big reason why most of us go to the movies, at least one of the others among the ones I enumerated. The movies aren't out on dvd or blu-ray and sometimes I just can't wait to see a new movie.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the AudioJunkies forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in